Crafty Blogs

Friday 28 September 2012

Sushi bags, new designs

I've been hard at work this week creating some larger sushi pieces. This first bag was a comission from a friend, so it's not available from my shop. I used the opportunity to work on a new extra-colourful design for the interior, including salmon, red pepper, omlette and asparagus.




I used this new design on the first of my 'long roll' handbags, made from a barrell style handbag.




I've also had the opportunity to work on the design for my wasabi-sachet zip pulls. This is the new design (as featured on the long sushi roll above) based on the font of S&B wasabi paste.

 


As an experiment I also tried making an 'inside out' sushi roll bag (with rice on the outside and nori around the filling). This is the result, and it's also available from my shop.

 


The filling of this roll is the ultimate for fish lovers with tuna, hamachi, salmon and avocado. As you can see the zip pull for this is a soy sauce dropper. They're so fun to make, I know I won't be able to resist making anothe for the next bag!

As a sneak peak this is the inspiration for my next creation. Watch this space or more!


LL xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment