Crafty Blogs

Friday 26 October 2012

I lied...

Okay so maybe I lied about giving up on nigiri bags. After I wrote the last post I was struck by the fact that I'd never made a bag of my favourite kind of sushi, inari nigiri. The reason is simple, I'd always thought that inari was too plain to be decorative. Most of the time it looks like a plain brown pouch, like this.

Don't let the plain exterior fool you, inari nigiri is a seasoned tofu pocket and it's a lot more flavourful than other sushi rolls. After browsing sushi images online I changed my mind. Perhaps inari could be colourful and interesting after all.

 
Inspired by more decorative creations like this I decided it was finally time to show my love of nigiri. Using a slightly chunky square shoulder bag wrapped in a little pocket of tan fleece I came up with this tribute to a delicous dish.
 
 
More pictures here.
 
For those of you craving more brightly coloured sushi rolls, don't worry! Here's the next one I made, a super sized tuna roll. It's the biggest bag I've made this year!

 
For scale here it is with some of my other bags. Find the listing here.
 
 
On the other end of the scale I also just completed another coin purse. It's the same size as my small maki roll purse (the smallest round roll in the picture above) but using my special salmon roe pom-poms. Here it is, my salmon roe and cucumber sushi purse!

 
 
I'm going to be quite busy visiting family over the next few days but when I get back I'll explain more about how I make my bags, and just why (despite appearances) it really is recycling.
 
 
See you then!
 
LL x x x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment